adultfanfiction problems

IvoryRose

adultfanfiction problems

Post by IvoryRose »

its not working for me. I've just downloaded the latest version and in the 'check' preview the text shows up as it did for the previous poster. Then it just doesnt download. I've tried multiple output formats and none of them work. In some formats it does complete the download, but then I cant locate the file anywhere, and then in other output formats it gets stuck at 90% and just does not move. I forgot about one attempt and so it was 'downloading' for a couple of hours and still didnt complete. I know I have the downloader set up correctly because it works perfectly for fanfiction.net and fictionpress downloads. ??? :?
Raimond
Administrator

Re: adultfanfiction problems

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

do you have the problem with every story or with only one?
Link?

Rai
IvoryRose

Post by IvoryRose »

It varies. There is one story I've tried that just wont download - in fact all stories by that author dont seem to work. Then with others it has downloaded but has the issue with the apostrophes and speech marks becoming question marks.
http://hp.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600022530
aff char.png
aff char.png (69.63 KiB) Viewed 33773 times
http://hp.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600014135 - the one that wont download
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (158.32 KiB) Viewed 33773 times
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

the second problem is fixed with the next version.

I don't have a problem with the first story:
Hermione shook her head and turned to where the dials should be, but there were none. ‘Well, that’s stupid,’ she said
aloud. She looked around the entire shower for a way for it to turn on. She moved her hands along the tile and saw nothing
that would be helpful. ‘Damn it, turn on!’ she yelled. She was suddenly drenched in ice cold water as the shower turned on.
‘Too cold! Too cold!’ she screeched and it immediately warmed up.
(Downloaded as pdf file)

Rai
pookakitten

Post by pookakitten »

The alternate version of the EXE you posted in another thread fixed the question marks, etc. That's the good news. The bad news is how adultfanfiction creates the stories makes the final EPUB formatting a royal mess. Fanfiction.net uses <p> tags for paragraphing. Adultfanfiction.net uses <br /> tags and when Calibre converts them, it adds extra lines between paragraphs and makes it impossible for me to adjust the paragraphing myself in Calibre.

The current workaround is to use the HTML file in Sigil and replace the <br /> tags with <p> tags.
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

pookakitten wrote:The bad news is how adultfanfiction creates the stories makes the final EPUB formatting a royal mess. Fanfiction.net uses <p> tags for paragraphing. Adultfanfiction.net uses <br /> tags and when Calibre converts them, it adds extra lines between paragraphs and makes it impossible for me to adjust the paragraphing myself in Calibre.

Is that a problem with every fanfiction or only with some of them?

Rai
pookakitten

Post by pookakitten »

I can't really say--I rarely go there, but I suspect it's every story.
jean121

Post by jean121 »

IvoryRose wrote: Tue 12. Apr 2011, 21:59 its not working for me. I've just downloaded the latest version and in the 'check' preview the text shows up as it did for the previous poster. Then it just doesnt download. I've tried multiple output formats and none of them work. In some formats it does complete the download, but then I cant locate the file anywhere, and then in other output formats it gets stuck at 90% and just does not move. I forgot about one attempt and so it was 'downloading' for a couple of hours and still didnt complete. I know I have the downloader set up correctly because it works perfectly for fanfiction.net and fictionpress downloads. ??? :?
I just Tried To Downloading But It Not Download.
GBwhatsapp
MUNNA12

Post by MUNNA12 »

jean121 wrote: Sat 9. Apr 2022, 13:28
IvoryRose wrote: Tue 12. Apr 2011, 21:59 its not working for me. I've just downloaded the latest version and in the 'check' preview the text shows up as it did for the previous poster. Then it just doesnt download. I've tried multiple output formats and none of them work. In some formats it does complete the download, but then I cant locate the file anywhere, and then in other output formats it gets stuck at 90% and just does not move. I forgot about one attempt and so it was 'downloading' for a couple of hours and still didnt complete. I know I have the downloader set up correctly because it works perfectly for fanfiction.net and fictionpress downloads. ??? :?
I just Tried To Downloading But It Not Download.
GBwhatsapp
Hey dude, Try now. Its now working. Give a try ......!
https://askmodapk.com/gardenscapes/