Tester for next version

Report problems here
bahnannah

Re: Tester for next version

Post by bahnannah »

yes. just downloads chapter headers and summary. i'm not sure you can do anything to fix it though but if you can, i'll love you forever! lol
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

I should have stayed at work.... more than 500 emails

Please try this version: http://fanfictiondownloader.net/downloa ... .php?id=20
and tell me if it's working for all of you

Rai (looking for some food now)
banned2010

Post by banned2010 »

I just tried the version in the link posted above and the program kept locking up in the "converting" phase. I eventually just have to close it. Hope you guys can fix this. I really appreciate your efforts!

Forgot to tell you I was trying to download into rtf format. It's the one I usually use. I just tried it in the Html format, and that seems to be working.
bahnannah

Post by bahnannah »

converting to mobi worked fine for me rai! :D THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Last edited by bahnannah on Fri 25. Oct 2013, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
MeinGimli

Post by MeinGimli »

banned2010 wrote:I just tried the version in the link posted above and the program kept locking up in the "converting" phase. I eventually just have to close it. Hope you guys can fix this. I really appreciate your efforts!

Forgot to tell you I was trying to download into rtf format. It's the one I usually use. I just tried it in the Html format, and that seems to be working.

same here tried to download as pdf. as html it works just fine.

Windows 7 64 bit Firefox
hi5kba

Post by hi5kba »

I know that updates take quite a while so I was wondering if you heard of SVN.
not only would it mean that latest version your working, would be available for use, it would also mean you wouldn't have to constantly upload the same files over and over.
plus it gets the fixes out faster..
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

hi5kba wrote:I know that updates take quite a while so I was wondering if you heard of SVN.
not only would it mean that latest version your working, would be available for use, it would also mean you wouldn't have to constantly upload the same files over and over.
plus it gets the fixes out faster..
I'm courious, how should SVN improve things?

- Versions that are ready for release are released
- If I'm working on a feature mostly a lot of other features are influenced/disabled until it's tested
- If I don't upload new versions, how would you get them?
- The time between updated is influenced by the amount of free time I have. While I enjoy working on this project there are still more important things. Want faster updates? Talk with my boss & hire me ;-)

by the way: I'm already using SVN

Rai
hi5kba

Post by hi5kba »

it helps because
1) each Users could sync their client for the latest version at any time from their desktop.
2) it saves bandwidth by only downloading the changed or new files
3) allows for collaborative working for example others could upload plugins.
4) as changes are made on the SVN server side its pushed out clients, that doesn't you should provide separate download links
SVN tends to be used by groups of beta testers. kind of like sharing google docs.

If I could afford it I would hire you....... but that's not how the world works :( :(

your already using it?
could you post the SVN repository link?
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Ahh, now it'S becoming more clear.

Two problems with this:
- FFDL is freeware, but not open source.
- Most users are hardly able to turn a computer on, I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I'd ask them to use a SVN client and compile the program themself....

Rai
hi5kba

Post by hi5kba »

ah right..
i tend to over look people under others/my level. im busy doing computer forensics at uni so i tend to think that others, while not advanced as me, have at least schooling in PC software management and basic visual basic.that and that people who read fanfiction are between 11 and 30 yrs old.
no offence intended

its a bad habit of mine.

Hows the next release coming on btw?