author part not working (Solved 0.3.0)

bahnannah

author part not working (Solved 0.3.0)

Post by bahnannah »

up until today, the part where the author goes has worked just fine. but for some reason, today it's not working. i uninstalled and reinstalled it and it is still not grabbing it. any reason why? is it just me? help please. i use your program so much.
Berry

Re: author part not working

Post by Berry »

I'm experiencing the same problem with the new program. Version 4.0.5, which I use a lot, too, is able to get the author name just fine.
RedneckDrow

Post by RedneckDrow »

I'm having a similar problem, Both the title and author name are either not there or garbled. I haven't checked the file for formatting errors yet, I'll get back to you when I do.

Link Tested
bahnannah

Post by bahnannah »

Berry wrote:I'm experiencing the same problem with the new program. Version 4.0.5, which I use a lot, too, is able to get the author name just fine.
i noticed that too! i used to use that version over the current one until i got my kindle. i am so glad it's not just me. and that someone else thought to check a previous version. thanks.
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

ff.net changed their layout, I'm fixing it (again)

Rai
bahnannah

Post by bahnannah »

thanks for the reply. i appreciate it big time. i know you're busy with real life, so you taking time out of your day to help us fanfic addicts out means a whole lot.
Berry

Post by Berry »

Thank you ever so much for the quick update, Raimond. :)

Out of curiosity, how would one go about displaying "Category" in the story? I customized my layout.html, so I don't know if that's why there doesn't seem to be a change for me.
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

to use the category in the filename (config): %c
to use it in the layout: %category

Yes, I'm not modifying an existing layout.html file. But you could also delete/remove your file, then you'd get automatically a new one.

Rai
pookakitten

Post by pookakitten »

In ver 0.3.0, I noticed that how the program put the author's name in the filename has changed. The writer has a period in her name, but the period no longer shows up in the filename. The name is shown properly on the summary page.

link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6768903/1/

Thanks for your hard work!
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi pookakitten,

that's not a bug, that's a feature (I've always wanted to use this sentence)
Due to limitations of Windows, Linux, Mac and of course Calibre I'm removing 10 characters which are not allowed in a filename.

Here's the list: : * ? < > | / " .

Rai