Firefox Plugin ready for testing

What's happening?
Raimond
Administrator

Firefox Plugin ready for testing

Post by Raimond »

The first version of a FireFox Plugin is ready for testing!
PN me!

Rai
Context Menu
Context Menu
screenshot_plugin.png (34.02 KiB) Viewed 42279 times
Downloadlist
Downloadlist
screenshot_plugin2.png (17.97 KiB) Viewed 42279 times
zhylosa

Re: Firefox Plugin ready for testing

Post by zhylosa »

I would be willing to test :D Just like me know what type of parameter you would like tested.

Zhylosa
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

the Plugin can be found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... ownloader/
Version 0.1.2 supports now all pages.

Rai
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Up to now not a single report for the addon.
Should I take it that such a feature isn't wanted and I'm free to delete it again?

Rai
bahnannah

Post by bahnannah »

sorry. i'm still using firefox 3.6.18 since everything after that is fubared. but i'm still loving the test version, though! it's so handy with the download from file feature. i can't tell you how much i've used it since you developed it.
zhylosa

Post by zhylosa »

Sorry, right after I said that I would test I went on vacation. I like the Plugin, it makes it easier to track what has been downloaded and making sure to delete off your server once I have it on my computer. I have mainly test on ff.net as I don't really use the other site. I hold you leave the plug-in up and update it as you add sites.
RedneckDrow

Post by RedneckDrow »

My verdict: not really as handy as the downloader itself, but it works great if you're in a situation in which the downloader can't be accessed. I still can't get the right-click menu option to show up.
dc2011

Post by dc2011 »

I've been testing the Firefox plugin for a while now - on Fanfiction.net only so far. Occasionally the plugin's menu items will vanish from the context menu - disabling and re-enabling the plugin or re-installing the plugin will bring them back - but I haven't managed to figure out whether the problem is a plugin conflict or something else, which makes it pretty much impossible to reproduce and troubleshoot. Other than that, I really only have two specific comments/wishes to offer. (1) I wish that the story's fandom category was visible somewhere in the download table on the Fanfiction Downloader webpage, as I sort my saved files into folders by fandom, then by author, and using the plugin requires that I either make a point of only downloading from one fandom category at a time, download and save immediately after queuing the download (before I forget the category), or resign myself to opening the file to check the fandom before saving it. (2) It would be great if the Firefox plugin could be configured to email the file instead of just to download it. That way, it would work seamlessly with my Kindle - I could just configure the plugin to email the .mobi files to my free Kindle email, tell my Kindle to sync, and I'd be all set with reading material for the road. It would just leverage the existing webbased downloader's functionality.
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

Hi dc2011,

I'm unable to fix a bug that I can't reproduce... sry.

It's not possible to display the category due to the way the webversion and plugin works (at the moment)

Sending the file by mail is possible, but I don't know when/if I find the time to modify the plugin. (Anyone interested in doing it?)

Rai