Re-order Cover page (Version 0.2.0)

You want a new feature? That's the place to talk about it.
RachDvn

Re-order Cover page (Version 0.2.0)

Post by RachDvn »

Hi there. Would it be possible to re-order the categories that are listed on the Cover page? I'd much prefer it if the Story Link followed the Source category. I think it would make more sense to have the Author category listed directly below the Story/title category.

I also think the Story/title category is a bit redundant since the title is listed in bold at the top, so deleteing the Story category all together and starting the list with the Author category, followed by Last Updated, Content, Source, Story Link, then Summary, would be the most streamlined option.

I'd love to make a donation to you for building this fabulous and simple program. Is that an option?
Raimond
Administrator

Re: Re-order Cover page

Post by Raimond »

Hi Rach-Dvn,

If you update to version 0.2.0 then it's possible. After you've downloaded the first fanfiction there's a file called "layout.html" in the main folder of the downloader (where the .exe is).

You are free to modify the content.

Please read http://www.fanfictiondownloader.net/for ... p?f=5&t=79 first, I've explained a bit about the part of the file that you are NOT allowed to change.

There's a donate Button on the page. (I'm not looking forward to explaining this to the tax-system :-))

Rai
RachDvn

Re: Re-order Cover page (Version 0.2.0)

Post by RachDvn »

I'm so excited, YAYAYAY! Thank you so much for allowing this new layout adjustment, it's so convenient! And I'm so glad to finally be able to make a donation to say THANK YOU for your hard work!
~Rach
RachDvn

Post by RachDvn »

I haven't used the downloader in a few months but am ready to jump back into my project. I've downloaded version 4.0 and no longer see a file called 'layout' in which to edit the cover page. Has this changed? Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.

~Rach
bahnannah

Post by bahnannah »

it's still located in the program file of fanfiction downloader, you just have to have downloaded at least one fic before it will show up, i believe. i gave further details in the reply to your other post.