Suggestion

You want a new feature? That's the place to talk about it.
pookakitten

Suggestion

Post by pookakitten »

Great piece of software--I probably made a believer out of a friend of mine.

My idea may make less work for you in the long run. Perhaps make it possible for us to make our own configuration files for different sites? That way we can share them on the forums and you can compile them when you release an update.

What I have in mind is similar to how new libraries can be added to bookburro. http://www.bookburro.org/libraries/ Probably not in execution, but the concept might be able to work. I don't know how to program, so this may not even be possible as the code is written now.

Sam
Raimond
Administrator

Re: Suggestion

Post by Raimond »

Hi Sam,

your idea is a good one and you aren't the first person to suggest it. (I think it was a user called "PRS650")

My first thought was to use the plugin interface - I even did some tests.
The problem is that .dll won't work with linux or mac.

An other way to create an interface would be some sort of script interface.

I don't have that much time at the moment, but maybe I'll include it during feb/march '11

Rai
Hidders

Re: Suggestion

Post by Hidders »

pookakitten wrote:... Perhaps make it possible for us to make our own configuration files for different sites? That way we can share them on the forums and you can compile them when you release an update. ... I don't know how to program, so this may not even be possible as the code is written now. ...
I have never heard of this for a fanfiction downloader. Sounds amazing. I don't know anything about programming either but I would be willing to figure it out to do this.
Raimond wrote:... The problem is that .dll won't work with linux or mac. ...
Does it work with Wine? -- I work with Windows and haven't the desire to try different OS's so ever since I heard about Wine I point Linux and Mac users towards it when they start talking about what doesn't exist for their OS. (run-on sentence *groan*) I'm not too sure if it works but it sounds like a kick-ass program.

Off-Topic Observation:
Raimond wrote:... I think it was a user called "PRS650" ...
Isn't that one of the Sony ereader models? Strange choice for a username.