Android app Cool Reader does not see the TOC and nextchapter

joecheung1

Android app Cool Reader does not see the TOC and nextchapter

Post by joecheung1 »

Device: Galaxy Tab
App: Cool Reader
Format: epub

It's a minor point but I started reading fanfic on my tablet and the android app Cool Reader does not see the table of content and the next/previous chapter button does not work.

I initially thought it was a problem with Cool Reader itself but I then opened a epub that was not created by your program and it has the TOC and next/previous chapter button working.

I then thought maybe it was a problem with Calibre but I installed a plugin within the program itself call FanFictionDownLoader and converted a fanfic and opened it with cool reader. It has the TOC shown and the next/previous chapter button working.

Just thought I'd bring this minor bug to your attention. Despite this minor quibble, the epub file your program created still open and can be read - it will page back and forth but you can't jump chapter using the toc or the next/previous chapter button.
Raimond
Administrator

Re: Android app Cool Reader does not see the TOC and nextcha

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

there's nothing that I can do about it since the ePub file is created by a 3rd part tool.
But I think that the problem is caused by your reader since eoubs are working fine with most programs

Rai