Installing 0.1.0

Honorella

Installing 0.1.0

Post by Honorella »

Hello
I've been using fanfiction downloader for the past couple of months and tried to install the latest version today. I can't complete the installation process as when I click save it tells me the paths aren't set correctly. I think it must be a problem with the path to Calibre possibly (though I copied it down as advised!). The filetype is preset as ebook-convert* and not ebook-convert.exe.
Forgive me, I'm not much of a geek, but I did manage to install ffdownloader last time (and it has been so useful - thank you!).
Thanks for your help
Honorella
Raimond
Administrator

Re: Installing 0.1.0

Post by Raimond »

Hi,

did you select ebook-convert.exe?

you also have to set the output path.

the easiest way for me to check if it's saved correctly is that you send me the file "ffdl2.sqlite" which sould be in the same folder like the downloader (e.g. C:\Programm Files\fanfictiondownloader)

An other way would be the use of a tool called "TeamViewer". I'm able to see/controll your computer like I'm sitting in front of it. But we should use some sort of chat first to meet online.

Rai
Honorella

Post by Honorella »

Thanks for your message. I can't attach the file you mentioned as the extension isn't allowed (I tried to pm you with it too).

I realised that Calibre wasn't fully installed so I re-installed it and that's allowed me to select the .exe option and the path is now correct (c:\program files/calibre2\ebook-convert.exe) and it allows me to save it and the output path (which I've just set as C:\ for the moment).

However, when I re-open ffdownloader it tells me that I'm opening it for the first time and when I use it (downloading from fanfiction.net as html) the files that appear in my c: drive as ".html" with no title.

Thanks for your help and apologies for being so useless!
Honorella
Honorella

Post by Honorella »

Update - I've just tried opening the file that I downloaded. Even though it has no title, it will still open ok so I guess I can rename it.

Just strange that I'm not getting the title when I download, and that I have to go to Configuration everytime I open the ffdownloader software.
Would welcome your thoughts!
Honorella
Raimond
Administrator

Post by Raimond »

It sound's like the downloader isn't allowed to create the databasefile "ffdl2.sqlite.

Please try to run the program as admin.

Also you'll find a flash-based video guide here: http://fanfictiondownloader.net/ffdlpraes.htm

Rai